My Genius Hour Question
(This post was originally posted under "Genius Hour Intro" and I have since moved it here!)
GENIUS HOUR INTRODUCTION
During the course of several weeks, I will be tackling a very fun and exciting project called the Genius Hour! What is Genius Hour you may ask? Well, Genius Hour was created by Google for its employees and it allowed employees 1 hour a day to discover and learn about an interest, talent or passion! What the results showed were an overall increase in productivity once Genius Hour began!
We are all exceptional individuals and Genius Hour allows us to indulge in and let our creative juices flow. Genius Hour requires you to choose a topic of your liking, pose a question and begin researching, doing and gathering all sorts of information on that topic. Then, you present all of your genius knowledge to everyone as your unique project.
As educators, we can use Genius Hour in the workforce and in our classrooms where students are reaping with creative energy! We can harvest that energy and create a productive and thriving positive society with geniuses in every and any subject we can think of. Now what will my project look like? Well, I would personally love to achieve my goal of becoming more tech savvy and incorporate digital based experiences into my personal and professional life. Thus, my Genius Hour question will be:
MY PLAN
I will be researching this question weekly and my first benchmark will be finding online websites that allow you to host pages for free and websites that require a fee. For this project, I will be using a free webpage builder! During the next few weeks, I will gather information on types of website I can build and how to add relevant and unique content. I still have not decided as to what exactly I will be featuring, however, I will try to cater to either a personal, professional or business website. The business website will be to help my significant other with the recent launch of his new business! I am hoping to have this part figured out in my next two blog posts. Once I have all of that information ready, I will begin building my website. At that point, my interests will probably shift to generating actual traffic, advertising the website and improving the contents and visual layout! I have never created a successful website, or really any online content, and if I am successful with my Genius Hour project that will prove that I have learned a lot about technology and how to benefit from its existence! I hope to continue my interests with the digital world and create more digital based Genius Hour questions in the future!
Love,
Teddy
GENIUS HOUR INTRODUCTION
During the course of several weeks, I will be tackling a very fun and exciting project called the Genius Hour! What is Genius Hour you may ask? Well, Genius Hour was created by Google for its employees and it allowed employees 1 hour a day to discover and learn about an interest, talent or passion! What the results showed were an overall increase in productivity once Genius Hour began!
We are all exceptional individuals and Genius Hour allows us to indulge in and let our creative juices flow. Genius Hour requires you to choose a topic of your liking, pose a question and begin researching, doing and gathering all sorts of information on that topic. Then, you present all of your genius knowledge to everyone as your unique project.
As educators, we can use Genius Hour in the workforce and in our classrooms where students are reaping with creative energy! We can harvest that energy and create a productive and thriving positive society with geniuses in every and any subject we can think of. Now what will my project look like? Well, I would personally love to achieve my goal of becoming more tech savvy and incorporate digital based experiences into my personal and professional life. Thus, my Genius Hour question will be:
How can I learn to create a website?
![]() |
| No Attribution Required. |
MY PLAN
I will be researching this question weekly and my first benchmark will be finding online websites that allow you to host pages for free and websites that require a fee. For this project, I will be using a free webpage builder! During the next few weeks, I will gather information on types of website I can build and how to add relevant and unique content. I still have not decided as to what exactly I will be featuring, however, I will try to cater to either a personal, professional or business website. The business website will be to help my significant other with the recent launch of his new business! I am hoping to have this part figured out in my next two blog posts. Once I have all of that information ready, I will begin building my website. At that point, my interests will probably shift to generating actual traffic, advertising the website and improving the contents and visual layout! I have never created a successful website, or really any online content, and if I am successful with my Genius Hour project that will prove that I have learned a lot about technology and how to benefit from its existence! I hope to continue my interests with the digital world and create more digital based Genius Hour questions in the future!
Love,
Teddy

Comments
Post a Comment