Phase Three of My Genius Hour Project
Hello Friends!
Welcome back to my Genius Hour blog! I will be updating you on what I've been able to accomplish with my Genius Hour question this week.
It has been a very busy week for me because I've been tackling lots of work and lots of school! We are all human after all aren't we!? Even amongst all of this week's chaos, I've been able to sit down and continue my Genius Hour project. So let's get straight to it!
This week, I have been looking at several websites created with Wordpress and I've been examining their layout, content, use of images and videos, text, organization and creativity, just to name a few! So far, since I've looked at a variety of different styles, I have narrowed the top 4 down as my favourites. I will be incorporating the ideas that I like from these sites and create my own style on my WordPress website! Again, I used websites that are based off of WordPress templates to make it easier for me to actually use ideas and gain inspiration! I also would like to comment on how easy and helpful the WordPress website is. I found everything at my convenience with a quick search and scroll. I'll give a brief 'jot notes' style critique of each based on the categories I mentioned I was looking at. Here are the top 4!↓
Layout- large image on top, small images in sequence connected to posts for the rest of the website
Content- fashion & beauty
Use of Images and Videos- lots, mainly images, good contrast from white background and black font
Text- big, thinner font
Organization- well organized, visual mainly
Creativity- images used are artistic with pops of colour
Layout- large sized images in sequence when scrolling, no one image bigger than the other
Content- digital ideas, brands
Use of Images and Videos- pops of colour on black background, lots of images
Text- large and thinner
Organization- neatly organized
Creativity- artwork and creations of digital ideas
Layout- big image on banner, then blog posts for the rest of the site
Content- sci-fi
Use of Images and Videos- balance between images and blogs/text, black/dark background
Text- robotic, smaller and thicker
Organization- easy to locate tabs
Creativity- very creative, original
Layout- simple and non-intimidating
Content- typography
Use of Images and Videos- light colours and graphics plus fonts
Text- various, smaller
Organization- very simple and neat
Creativity- interesting ideas displayed everywhere
Along with these great websites, I began exploring plugins! Most that are free, and offered by WordPress. Plugins are software additions that add different features to websites!
I found these all at https://wordpress.org/plugins/. To be honest, I couldn't stop scrolling, there are so many options for every type of web builder from beginner to advanced! I found so many that interested me and I am considering adding them to my portfolio style blog website. Here are a few of them:⇩
Welcome back to my Genius Hour blog! I will be updating you on what I've been able to accomplish with my Genius Hour question this week.
It has been a very busy week for me because I've been tackling lots of work and lots of school! We are all human after all aren't we!? Even amongst all of this week's chaos, I've been able to sit down and continue my Genius Hour project. So let's get straight to it!
This week, I have been looking at several websites created with Wordpress and I've been examining their layout, content, use of images and videos, text, organization and creativity, just to name a few! So far, since I've looked at a variety of different styles, I have narrowed the top 4 down as my favourites. I will be incorporating the ideas that I like from these sites and create my own style on my WordPress website! Again, I used websites that are based off of WordPress templates to make it easier for me to actually use ideas and gain inspiration! I also would like to comment on how easy and helpful the WordPress website is. I found everything at my convenience with a quick search and scroll. I'll give a brief 'jot notes' style critique of each based on the categories I mentioned I was looking at. Here are the top 4!↓
Layout- large image on top, small images in sequence connected to posts for the rest of the website
Content- fashion & beauty
Use of Images and Videos- lots, mainly images, good contrast from white background and black font
Text- big, thinner font
Organization- well organized, visual mainly
Creativity- images used are artistic with pops of colour
Layout- large sized images in sequence when scrolling, no one image bigger than the other
Content- digital ideas, brands
Use of Images and Videos- pops of colour on black background, lots of images
Text- large and thinner
Organization- neatly organized
Creativity- artwork and creations of digital ideas
- Star Wars News Great Blogging Layout!
Layout- big image on banner, then blog posts for the rest of the site
Content- sci-fi
Use of Images and Videos- balance between images and blogs/text, black/dark background
Text- robotic, smaller and thicker
Organization- easy to locate tabs
Creativity- very creative, original
Layout- simple and non-intimidating
Content- typography
Use of Images and Videos- light colours and graphics plus fonts
Text- various, smaller
Organization- very simple and neat
Creativity- interesting ideas displayed everywhere
I found these all at https://wordpress.org/plugins/. To be honest, I couldn't stop scrolling, there are so many options for every type of web builder from beginner to advanced! I found so many that interested me and I am considering adding them to my portfolio style blog website. Here are a few of them:⇩
https://wordpress.org/plugins/akismet/ →checks comments for spam on blogs
https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/ →site stats, links to social media and more
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/ →forums software
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/ →really popular and highly rated, helps you write better content, does page analysis
https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/ →good for adding site activity especially for businesses!
https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/ →extra help with website and it is coding free!
That's it for this week Geniuses! I will keep exploring and narrowing down what I will be adding to my own website. I'll post that link on my last Genius Hour post!
See you next week!
Teddy
https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/ →site stats, links to social media and more
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress/ →forums software
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/ →really popular and highly rated, helps you write better content, does page analysis
https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/ →good for adding site activity especially for businesses!
https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/ →extra help with website and it is coding free!
That's it for this week Geniuses! I will keep exploring and narrowing down what I will be adding to my own website. I'll post that link on my last Genius Hour post!
See you next week!
Teddy
Comments
Post a Comment