Copyright Done Right

Today, I learned quite a bit of new information about copyright that I previously did not know! This information is very important when creating new web content such as websites. Firstly, I learned that all creative output an individual has made is automatically copyrighted with all rights reserved. Another piece of information I acquired is that by using the Copyright Commons program, creators may adjust the rights to the public in order to use their creations more flexibly. I also learned that Canadian copyright laws for educators are stricter than American laws. I believe that there should be greater freedom given to educators when using digital and print content because sharing relevant knowledge freely is more important than having to worry about the tedious copyright laws that accompany the content. Even though the fair-dealing guidelines do allow for some uses, I believe that as long as credit is given to the original owner in some way, that should be enough to allow an educator to share any content and as much of it as deemed needed. I believe the most important lesson to teach students about copyright is for them to respect the work and creations of others, which is also a direct prevention against plagiarism. 
Sharpemtbr. (2013, February 8). Boy and Girl Viewing Laptops [Photograph]. Retrieved from https://pixabay.com/en/boy-girl-children-computer-110762/

          
Inkless, P. (2011, September 25). Business Baby Pointing [Photograph]. Retrieved from https://www.flickr.com/photos/dumfstar/8553474140/in/photolist-e2QMS5-8Jzfg7-5r6ss8-o3wN4Z-abfPT5-28rtGN-8Vy1nk-fvT5PN-7QhLB-3oxYh-5b495D-6WtbrL-8vBVTe-9iEkhF-pyrM81-e2QMHQ-bqVQtj-8vEXjo-bFrCvg-8vBWaH-8vEXd9-4m5ojv-FbT2X3-6Wp8Nk-8vEXmG-8vEXtU-6Wtc4J-6WpcBi-8GmvbX-e39e6B-8uVpXv-6naKtj-8vEXbY-FsLLeC-68mS5h-jzmHbi-sjCDK-6wo5vG-8vBVYn-7LRPcs-8vEXpw-6wnx18-5bwe6M-5mP2XB-99EyQN-8vBVWt-8vBW9D-hcbzps-e3ZzK-QGyTbJ/

Comments